The origins of the plant can be traced back to 1960s, when sites of the Kvēle Metal Product Factory were moved from Riga to Aizpute and the Aizpute Integrated Plant specialising in manufacturing of keys and ironmongery was established. Five years later the Kvēle Factory was closed, but the integrated plant was renamed into the Kurzeme Metal Hardware Plant. There letters in the lock plant logotype MFR (metāla furnitūras rūpnīca) still remind of that.
New technologies were introduced into manufacturing: automation of manufacturing individual parts and assemblies, new technologies in the plating process to plate parts with zinc, nickel and chrome. Productivity of work increased: the plant employed 1000 persons in 1976, and only 900 in 1980, while producing 6 times more products. In the middle of nineteen seventies, a new building was built and the Kurzeme Plant became a large manufacturer of locks and ironmongery and supplied the entire Soviet Union with its products.
Over the years the plant was expanded becoming one of the leading manufacturers of hardware for windows and doors in the Baltic countries.